1. The Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) of the Ministry of Ports and Shipping (Ministry) of the Government of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka (GOSL) has been established by Sri Lanka Ports Authority Act No. 51 of 1979 as amended to develop, maintain, operate and provide port and other services in the Port of Colombo (Port) and other cargo handling sea ports of Sri Lanka. At present SLPA faces difficulties in berthing two mega container ships in JCT and plans for development of Jaya Container Terminal V (JCT V) project.
2. The Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (CAPC) on behalf of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Design, construction and completion of JCT V project comprising approximately 120 m length of Quay wall at -16 m water depth and connected facilities under International Competitive Bidding (ICB) process.
3. The bidders must demonstrate their previous experience in construction contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least last 5 (five) years prior to the applications submission deadline and,
a. at least one construction contract of a value in excess of US$ 20 million in the last 10 years and
b. at least one maritime construction contract with a value in excess of US$ 10 million in the last 10 years and
c. at least one construction contract with a value of at least US$ 5 million in the last 10 (ten) years, similar to the proposed works.
4. Interested parties may inspect the document at the address given below from 03rd January 2018 to 19th March 2018 on normal working days between10.00 – 16.00 hrs at free of charge. Bidders may obtain additional information or seek clarifications in writing from:
Chief Engineer (Planning and Development Division)
Planning and Development Division
Sri Lanka Ports Authority,
45, Leyden Bastian Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka
Tel. No +94(0) 112325575
Fax No +94(0) 112323055
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. This document containing Instructions to Bidders, Bid Data Sheet, Evaluation & Qualification Criteria, Bidding Forms, Engineer’s requirements, General Condition of Contract, Special Condition of Contracts and Contract Forms, etc. can be obtained from the office of Chief Engineer (Planning and Development), during 10.00 to 14.00 hrs. of any working day from 03rd January 2018 to 20th March 2018 upon payment of a non-refundable fee of United States Dollars One Thousand (US$ 1000)
6. The bid containing two envelopes, one containing technical proposals, bidders qualification and bid bond, other envelope containing financial proposal shall be delivered to Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee, Ministry of Ports & Shipping, No. 19, Chaitya Road, Colombo o1, Sri Lanka on or before 14.00 hrs. 20th March 2018. All bids shall be accompanied by a bid security of USD 200,000. The envelope containing Technical Proposal will be opened immediately afterwards in the presence of the Bidder’s representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected.
7. The Sri Lanka Ports Authority will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of proposals including costs and expenses related to site visits.
Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee
Ministry of Ports and Shipping
02 January 2018